Tuesday 6 May 2014


My dear girls, be strong amidst all fears. Your night may have been cut short, but not your dreams. I heard of how the marauding beasts broke in mercilessly into your dormitories at the dead of night, I heard they captured and took you my lovely angels into a forest characterised by living creatures of every kind. 
Now life is gloomy, now life is blue. Please don't blame your parents for not being able to rescue you even till this time, they are really trying their best in their helplessness. I heard the name is sambisa forest, I heard it is deadly and evil. I can imagine the swift change of environment, from the comfort of your dormitories, to the harsh and cold forest. I can imagine the rigours of an unprecedented journey, and the pain that comes with it. Fear not my little angels, God is still with you. I hear your young eyes have seen all the horrible things in life at this your tender age, I hear your flesh is bearing the unbearable. I wish I could rescue you all, but all I can do is fall on my kneels and pray. I say my prayers to the Lord Almighty: 
Dear lord, give them the grace and strength to cope with living amongst beasts called boko, 
Give them strength to cope with menstruation in a deadly forest, with not even a tissue paper in sight, 
Dear lord, protect them from the overwhelming strength of those bastards. 
Each time I think of you all,I bow my head in thoughts of the unthinkable. I try my best to put myself in your position, and imagine my fate. My dear girls, I know you miss your freedom, I know your thoughts : Will I ever get over this trauma in life? If I ever see the light of freedom again, will I ever recite the national pledge? Will I ever be as healthy as I was? My dear angels, I imagine the million thoughts running through your mind. I can imagine the tears you have cried. Please hold on a little bit, our corrupt army generals are mobilising to come for your rescue, hold on a little bit for your clueless governor shettima, hold on a little bit for yet another committee has been set up by your president. 
OH!!! Boko, slayer of the weak, bringer of sorrow and tears. 
OH!!! Boko, devourer of ladies, bringer of death. 
May your end be forever miserable. My dear girls, hold on to your inner strength, and if you ever come back alive, remember the best form of revenge is never to be like your enemy, remember God the almighty in all thy doings. With love from Prince Ehis.

No comments:

Post a Comment